Table of Contents  
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Year : 2017  |  Volume : 10  |  Issue : 4  |  Page : 397  

Reply to “Letter to Editor”- Reproductive health awareness among adolescent girls of a government school in an urban slum of Pune city


Department of Community Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra, India

Date of Web Publication4-Sep-2017

Correspondence Address:
Pooja Shankar
Department of Community Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune - 411 040, Maharashtra
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/MJDRDYPU.MJDRDYPU_70_17

Rights and Permissions

How to cite this article:
Shankar P, Dudeja P. Reply to “Letter to Editor”- Reproductive health awareness among adolescent girls of a government school in an urban slum of Pune city. Med J DY Patil Univ 2017;10:397

How to cite this URL:
Shankar P, Dudeja P. Reply to “Letter to Editor”- Reproductive health awareness among adolescent girls of a government school in an urban slum of Pune city. Med J DY Patil Univ [serial online] 2017 [cited 2024 Feb 24];10:397. Available from: https://journals.lww.com/mjdy/pages/default.aspx/text.asp?2017/10/4/397/213946

Sir,

First, the authors acknowledge the viewpoints made with respect to their study and thank the observers for the same. Para-wise reply to the viewpoints put forth is as follows

  • The data collection tool used in the study was the one designed by the authors themselves and not the one that was readily available off the internet. Since the authors were not very well versed with the local vernacular language, the data collection tool was initially formulated in English, translated into the local vernacular language, followed by back translation into English to mitigate any misinterpretation of the questions by the study participants as far as possible, and if it occurred, was accounted for
  • The questionnaire was pretested on the sample of the study participants in similar settings who were excluded from the final analysis
  • The error in using the term “alpha error” instead of just “alpha (α)” was agreed by the authors
  • The data collection tool was distributed among all the study participants who met the inclusion criteria and were present in attendance on the day the study was conducted at the site of the study. The assistance of the school principal and teachers was sought for; prior written permission was obtained from the principal as well as parents of the wards before commencement of the study. The authors aimed at ensuring all adolescent girls in attendance on that particular day and willing to be a part of the session and benefitted from the interactive session and lecture conducted on the subject rather than solely focusing on data collection and conduct of the study alone
  • Nearly 75% of the study participants were Hindus and the remaining were non-Hindus. Among the remaining 25% non-Hindu participants, nearly 20% were Muslims while the remaining approximately 5% belonged to the religions of Christianity and Buddhism.


Any restrictions in sharing of data by the authors under “Materials and Methods” section is purely keeping in mind the restrictions on word limit specified for each article by publishers, in addition to maintaining confidentiality of the study participants, keeping in mind their sensitivity and cultural sensibilities on the subject concerned.

Financial support and sponsorship

Nil.

Conflicts of interest

There are no conflicts of interest.




 

Top
   
 
  Search
 
    Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
    Access Statistics
    Email Alert *
    Add to My List *
* Registration required (free)  

 
  In this article

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed1851    
    Printed72    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded152    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal